Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

If you haven't noticed already, I don't blog frequently and I don't really blog unless I do something interesting enough to blog about. And don't get me wrong, I do interesting things often but I get lazy!

Since I'm lazy, I'm going to do a recap on my weekend.

Thursday was the last day of intensive French pre-lims. We had 4 hours of French a day for 10 days. CRAZINESS, but I did learn a lot. To celebrate, our professor took us to his favorite bar with drinks on him (well, one drink a person). It was super fun!

Here are some pictures:

Le Sully

cheers

hands and beer

A bar. Yeah yeah you get the point.

Moving on!

On Sunday after church, my friends and I headed over to Les Arts Decoratifs, next to the Louvre, to view a fashion exhibition -- Les Annèes 1990 & 2000: Histoire Idèale de La Mode Contemporaine Vol. 2.

Amazing pieces from renowned fashion designers were on display for all to see. Being a student under 25, I got in FO' FREE. It was an amazing experience. I go crazy over things that I like -- fashion being one of few things.

Photography was NOT allowed, but I couldn't help myself. I took some ninja shots of the designer's works. I hope I don't get sued. The ones I couldn't get, I drew sketches of, which I can't share because I don't have a scanner.

margiela haircoat
Margiela Hair Coat!

helmut lang
Helmut Lang -- one of my favorite designers

lanvin par claude montana
Lanvin par Claude Montana -- EXQUISITE wrap cape thing.

E2 recycled
E2 -- recycles material from other designers to create own pieces.

jewelry
Jewelry Section

Additional pics can be found on my flickr. And not too shabby for ninja pics eh? There were guards to avoid! Didn't get caught once ;) Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

To wrap up:

Went shopping all day Saturday. My mom wanted me to post some pics of my purchases so here goes nothing. The Paris Solde season is basically over, BUMMER. But, here is what I managed to snag --


The LAST one. Olive green cardigan w/ fur and gold buttons (Zara). Only 20€! My new favorite cardigan. I want to wear it year round, but too bad there's spring and summer in between. Bummer.

zara 20€




Needed heels because I stupidly forgot mine at home. The only pair I brought is YSL black heels that are impossible to walk in on Paris cobblestone walkways. Zara -- 30€. Bought them without much thought, but they're really beautiful! Love them.

zara 30€

Some cheapo 5€ shirt I bought at pimkie. It's cute though. And too be fair it used to be 30€. I don't do florals because they're too girly for my taste, but it's black and sheer which adds some edginess I GUESS.

pimkie 5€



Loving Paris thus far. Still have so much to do and so much to see!
Classes started today. I only have French on Mondays and my professor and class are still the same as pre-lims.
Tomorrow I have 2 additional classes -- Fashion and Power and Global Media Seminar taught by Rachel K. Ward. I'm reading up on her and she seems AMAZING!
Only problem is that these classes are back to back from 12:30pm - 7pm in the same classroom, with the same professor. Worst scheduling EVER nyu?!!?!?!?!

Excited and scared at the same time for the workload to come.

Going to finish my French homework and go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a LONG day.

Until next time (:

No comments:

Post a Comment