Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vintage Shopping in Paris

Today, I went vintage shopping with Betty and Zena in Les Marais (4th Arr. St. John metro stop.)

I had researched the "best" vintage shops in Paris in regards to price (#1) and merchandise and decided to take a look for myself.

First stop was Coiffeur, my hands down favorite place!

coiffeur

I didn't really get to take too many pictures because I felt awkward, first of all, my camera was getting too heavy, and there were just too many people.

Now this place isn't too big. The racks are pretty much right next to each other and since it was so cold out today, everybody -- me included -- was wearing huge jackets that wasn't making the room issue any better.

The one complaint I have about this place is that there is no room for breathing, although I'm sure today wasn't as bad as most days. I almost had a heart attack when I went into the store because I was mesmerized by how much merchandise they had and the cheap cheap cheap prices. You could find really nice things for just 10€, which I did.

I was eyeing a girl trying on a cute polka dot dress with puffy sleeves and as soon as she put it down, I asked her where she got it. Turns out she didn't want it so I walked off like a champion. However, I got home and tried it on. It is very cute, but it's just not me. I knew that at the store too, but I thought I would try to change up my style. It just doesn't work. I guess I'll have to give it to one of my friends or sell it. Whichever.

cube
The clothes hanging are actually the curtains for the dressing room. Very cute, but very squished area. Notice how the picture is blurry from people being all around me and me not being able to focus. Or maybe I just suck at taking pictures.

Anyway, definitely check this place out if you're bargain hunting for nice vintage clothes in Paris. You WILL leave with something. Especially if you like eccentric knit sweaters (which I do). Only 10€.

And again, I don't have too many pictures because it was crazy and I was overwhelmed with excitement.

Next stop was Free'p'star.

freepstar

Another HIT. There were also too many people here, but there's no question as to why. The ambiance was similar to Coiffeur's but they definitely had more things because the store was a tad bit bigger with a downstairs included.

stairs

The stairs leading downstairs were too narrow and kind of dangerous. It lead to a room FILLED with second-hand clothes, including extremely cheap but real leather jackets. I found one for 20€ but it didn't flatter my body. It was actually really annoying to dig through clothes, STUFFED and PACKED onto the racks and also dig through other people.

dig

As you can see, everything was a mess. A huge mess that I didn't want to deal with, so I just bought a belt for 3€ that is too big for me...and was meant to wear with the dress that I'm not going to wear anyway. LOL. FAIL.

But, I did manage to buy my FAVORITE purchase of the day in this messy pile of shoes --

pile o' shoes

I got this pair for only 10€! I asked the shopkeeper how much it was and he said something with an accent so I couldn't understand. I'm like..3...0? 30? He said no, adfjai;odjaisd. I'm like...uhhh. And he pointed to the sign that said 10€. I was dumbfounded! C'est fantastique!

new shoes!
Look at these beauties.

furrrryy

Can you believe it? Neither can I. Wonder why they were still there...Wonder if I'm the only one who finds them so intriguing. Anyway, they're mine now and they're so ME! WHOOOOT.

Anyway, here are a few more shots of Freepstar.

mirror

craziness

robes 10€
dresses only 10€!

Stopped by other vintage stores along the way but none were as good as these two stores. Prices were a bit higher and the merchandise was not as good.

It was too cold to go to another one (sister store of Freepstar) that I planned to go to, so we just ate and left.

More shopping updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment