Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eurotrip

Finally, a much needed update. Haven't updated in nearly 2 months. That is just plain SAD! Bad Christine.
But in my defense, I do have plenty of other sites I update pretty regularly including twitter, tumblr, and xanga.

So, so far Paris has been amazing, awesome, splendid, superb. The weather is also warming up which very pleasant. The other day, went to the Tuileries Gardens and had a picnic next to the fountain while watching cute little kids playing with sail boats. But this update will not be about Paris, but about the trips I've been on within the past months to Brussels/Bruge, Madrid, and London (hence "Eurotrip").

Since I do have a presentation to do, 2 10 page research papers, 1 photo project, french composition, I will try to make this snappy.

1) Brussels/Bruge (photodiary)

Aside from the fact that every other person we walked by said "Ni hao" and other racist remarks, the trip was good overall. Also, that weekend the weather was not too great. Was grey and rainy. To sum up Brussles -- waffles, pomme frites, beer, and shopping. Bruge reminded me of Disneyworld, but in a good way!

Belgian Waffleeee!
belgium waffle!

The Aftermath.
aftermath

Hyped-up Mannequin Pis statue. It's TINY.
mannequin pis

Very famous bar in Brussels: Delirium Cafe
delirium cafe

This is what alcohol does to you. Don't drink and drive kids.
progression

Bruge by train, baby. Sat in first class by accident and was told to move after a little while. Was pretty embarrassing.
bruge

Bruge! Very picturesque, no?
bruge

Moving on---

2) Madrid (photodiary)

Pictures can probably say it better than I can explain:

what would a trip to Madrid be without CHURROS dipped in HOT CHOCOLATE?
churrrros

and of COURSE can't forget the paella! my tummy just growled.
paella baby

suicide bridge. ><suicide bridge

cool

little girl frolicking in the garden
little girl

amazing, amazing puppeteers
puppeteers

berry shots in edible chocolate shot glass
berry shots

tapasss
peppers

shrimp stuffed mushroom

Side note
: My boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend in Plaza Mayor (awww). Long story short, one skinny Australian dude managed to capture the attention of all the tourists in the square and so a huge crowd gathered around him to see him escape from heavy chains and what not. I was getting bored, so I headed over to another man in a clam suit. I then turned around to see my boyfriend had followed me. He then proceeded to ask me to be his girlfriend (awwwwwh).


3)London (photodiary)

Actually (surprisingly) did not take any photos for myself and relied on my friends because I didn't feel like lugging around my heavy-ass Nikon while on the tour / shopping. And spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on stuff...(will do a fashion haul on another post perhaps. pictures of what I bought, reviews, etc.)

Couple shots I stole from them:

We were lucky to have AMAZING weather. London is usually so dreary and grey, which is obviously not the case in this picture.
spring

morning tea.
loveeatlive

topshop/topman was closed on saturday due to the strike/riot. made me REALLY sad.
riot

fish&chips baby.
fishnchips

bridge

please tell me they DON'T look like Diglet (pokemon lovers out there)
diglet

the squirrels were absolutely fearless! this one climbed onto my shoe and probably would have scampered up my leg if i didn't recoil.
squirrel attack

---

Spring break in 10 days! Milan --> Venice --> Rome --> Naples --> Barcelona --> Back to Paris.

Will most DEFINITELY be taking pictures and documenting my travels.

More blog posts to come within the next few days. I want to share all my purchases made in London.
And going to Marseille this weekend actually. Wow, I travel a lot. Interferes with my studies, but no worries. Haha.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment