Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fashion haul

So, was in London over the weekend and spent way too much money.
Kind of depresses me how much I spent, but I'll probably get over it. Always do.

Walked up and down Oxford Street, numerous times, 2 days in a row and here were some of my finds: (I apologize in advance for poor lighting / positioning)

H&M

I don't particularly like shopping at H&M because I usually end up never wearing the things I buy. This is probably due to the fact that the material isn't amazing and I realize only after -- which is why I promised myself that I would only buy designer clothing. TOO BAD my college student budget just does not cut it.



Bought this fringed knit poncho for 10£ ($16.00). Seems much cheaper in pounds, so I'll stick with that instead of converting into USD.

I have been OBSESSED with KNITS since I've been in Europe for some reason. I don't care -- I'll wear knits throughout the spring coz I do what I want. Yaheard? Um, okay.

Urban Outfitters

is way pricier in the UK, but what isn't pricier in the UK...?



So, for those of you who know me, my whole wardrobe consists of BLACK, BLACK, and more BLACK. And frankly, I've had enough. I don't want to wear black anymore! (Currently, I'm wearing white, gray, some black, and blue!)

This Kimchi Blue, floral print dress caught my eye because I could see myself prancing around the streets of Italy with the wind blowing through my hair. (Yes, Italy for spring break in 10 days!) 20£. Worth it? Not so sure, to be honest, but at least it adds some color to my wardrobe.

Topshop

My favorite store of all time, aka money stealing scoundrel.

I regret not saving all my money for topshop. It was closed the first day we went shopping due to some riots / strike on Oxford Street so we went back the next day. However, the next day I didn't have enough money to buy a whole lot so just decided to go with this dress.


Goldie London 'Jelie' Dress 30£.
There was actually another dress that I wanted to get -- another floral print one that I could yet again see myself seeing in Italy, on a warm, romantic evening, at a dinner for two next to the river.....but as soon as I tried this one on, I was sold. It's so me -- a juxtaposition of edgy and soft, if that makes sense.

This dress will be the one I float around in.

Primark

Motherboard of all discount shopping.
It was INFESTED with people. It was IMPOSSIBLE to breathe, but we went both days. (Sunday was better than Saturday).



Playsuit. 5£. Yeah, you got that right. Only 5 clams.
The fit isn't perfect, but it'll do. Also, couldn't try it on because everybody and their mother was on the fitting room line.



7£. I don't know why I bought this. The material is not too great, but I guess I needed a brown bag? I don't know. I regret this purchase.



5£. One thing that I don't regret buying from Primark. (Also bought 2 pairs of flats)
I didn't even know these beauts were only 5, I thought they were 10. So imagine my surprise and delight when the cashier rang me up. Also, by this time I was literally down to my last piece of cash.

---

Overall, shopping in London was awesome because shopping is always awesome, but I regret buying so much and spending too much. These items are only a few things I bought...Yes, I bought more.

Things I learned (and am still learning):
1) Have to be a smarter shopper -- 20 Pounds does not = 20 USD.
2) Have to budget better.
3) You should try on things before you buy them.
4) Less does not always equal more...
5) It's better to save up for ONE thing of good quality that you love rather than buy a few things of lesser quality that you just like.

And one promise I hope to keep -- No more shopping until I'm back in the states. (Chyeah, right. But I'll try)

No comments:

Post a Comment